ruger super blackhawk bisley canada

I shot the 460XVR a couple of years ago at an outdoor range in the middle of winter. I even went and bought the 6 shot Super Redhawk Alaskan to have as a sidearm in the same caliber. Outstanding trade. Priceless. @Geoff; an LCR or SP101 in 9mm would be a great BUG for about 85% of concealed carriers. … August 25th, 2003 A couple of years ago, Ruger reintroduced their Super Blackhawk Hunter model, which was reviewed here on Gunblast. Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley in 480 Ruger If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. I know a little about guns. View as Grid List. This makes total sense if you reside in Alaska where there are large bear for instance. He didn’t start out to produce the most famous cartridge that bears his name, he started out trying to create a very heavy .45 Colt. With products made in America, Ruger offers consumers almost 800 variations of more than 40 product lines. S&W’s tend to have a slightly larger gap from the factory, as do Rugers. Dick Casull started experimenting with heavy loaded 45 Colts in modified Colt Single Action Armys in the 1950’s. $550.00: 0 … However, the Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk Bisley is a long way from those original roots. This is good, but it can do better. I have a Super Redhawk in 454 Casull and have found the you need to allow for the gun to do what it is going to do. As it is, it’s robbing each cartridge of power. Features listed above are available on all standard models, but may not appear on Distributor Exclusive models. Overall Length: 12.40″ I wouldn’t shoot hot .45 Colt loads in a ’73 Winchester. Well for the love of God man, don’t keep me in suspense. Another example of that peculiar American fascination with all things that go bang, bang ,bangI justn cnnot see anybody going bear hunting let alone elephant or big cat hunting with handgun. Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley In 454 Casull Is All The Sidekick You Need Dick Casull started experimenting with heavy loaded 45 Colts in modified Colt Single Action Armys in the 1950’s. Odd, mine has a 4.0L six. I’ve owned a 500 S&W as well as a .460 XVR. ‘pop’!. Red Deer taken with Ruger in .480 Ruger. Good thing you’re ready for that. MPN: KS-47NHB. Now an 1886 or an 1892 with the double locking bars will handle some serious cartridges. The Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley in .454 Casull is an awesome, historic handgun, fully capable and well proven to take any animal on earth. Every single sentence. We earned the right to keep and bear them by teaching your military a little about American ingenuity in guerrilla combat techniques. People hunt red deer in Britain all the time. “There is still something aesthetic that makes me want to put rimmed cartridges in revolvers and rimless in magazines.”. “…..454 Casull certainly has it’s place. Too much fun with 38 /357 to bother, A 9mm revolver works well for someone who shoots a lot of 9mm in semi-autos, and for the ‘prepper’ types looking for universal ammo capability…. Ein Mündungsgewinde ist bei dieser Waffe nicht vorgesehen. This type of weapon is only useful for one thing childish Dick-Swinging. Etc., etc. ©COPYRIGHT 2020, THETRUTHABOUTGUNS.COM ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. With products made in America, Ruger offers consumers almost 800 variations of more than 40 product lines. Madcapp, “stupid, worthless, redneck caliber.” Unless you may have to face down large, dangerous game. Material: Stainless Steel To put that into perspective, assuming you were shooting it through the exact same gun, the absolute top loads of a .44 Magnum will give you 23 lbs, and the .357 Magnum would give you 11 lbs. Get it as soon as Mon, Dec 28. The only dick I ever think about is my own. @Mr. Name; there was a time not too long ago when buying ammo didn’t involve being the highest bidder, that a 50 round box of 9mm practice ammo could be had for ~$11 and .38 or .357 would be $20+. My Smith .44s. And I’d rather pack a single action .45 caliber anything than any .380. They also seem to vary widely with how difficult they are to adjust, and how well the adjustments remain true under heavy recoil. Set Descending Direction. Marlin 94 can also handle heavier loads I have read. With products made Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley (image courtesy JWT for thetruthaboutguns.com) When it comes to the revolver itself, it’s not much different than a few other guns I have. It’s all in the eye of the beholder. I searched and could not find anything here. There’s a bit of squish, but right behind that is a surprisingly light trigger. How many rounds does it carry? However, this revolver in .44 Mag would probably replace. (Oh, I have a Dick Casull design hanging around my neck right now. Wood Ruger Super Blackhawk Grips; Pearl Ruger Super Blackhawk Grips; Horn, Antler, & Ivory Ruger Super Blackhawk Grips; Uberti Schofield. Mine left that behind long ago. Following the utilitarian theme are the hardwood grips adorning the Bisley grip frame. Weirdly enough, I traded a guy my Glock 22 and five magazines straight-up for that .44 mag. By clicking on a link above, you will leave the Ruger website and be transported to the website of an independent, federally licensed retailer of Ruger ® products. There’s no need to load one, skip one, and load four (or 3). Commercial Magtech 260gr jacketed soft point rounds scored the same as Winchester’s 225 grain Defender jacketed hollow point round, printing an average of 3″ for four strings of five round groups when shot seated off bags. Once there, you can verify that the Ruger ® firearm you seek is available through that retailer and order it, subject to all federal, state and local laws.. These loads beat up my middle finger. Using the same frame as the Super Blackhawk, the Bisley features a down-turned grip inspired by the old #5 single action army grip made up for Elmer Keith by gunsmith Harold Croft in 1929, although it is larger in size. That combo is a bruiser. One of the great features of these newer Super Blackhawk Bisleys in the heaviest calibers is the larger locking cylinder base pin included right from the factory. You are not even allowed a useful sized pocket knife over there. , I don’t think I’ll be getting one of these revolvers anytime soon, though. His work, and his incredible influence on other gunsmiths, led the way for revolver hunting as we know it today. That reaction from the other shooters on the firing line was my favorite part of going to the range with a hand cannon. I’ve never shot a handgun that recoils as much as this. Run for your life. Though a .44 Magnum might be better, the .357 could certainly save one from being mauled to death. I wonder how many guys can get proper shot placement on a charging grizzly. I’ve used testors enamel paint on my 442, its available at craft and hobby stores. in America, Ruger offers consumers almost 800 variations of more than 40 product Then I’d light off a round of full-house Buffalo Bore with a *BOOM*! And that’s through the same weight revolver with the same barrel length. Sku: 84370 Ruger Super Blackhawk White Micarta Panels. The Super Blackhawk points and handles recoil well in my hands. There were no failures to load or fire, and all the rounds ejected with a simple press of the ejector. Its frame is steel and most often chambered in .44 Magnum. 9mm fits nicely in between .38 special and .357 magnum power wise. Bought mine for Ak fishing trips and pray to God that I’m never in a predicament where my ability to draw it quick enough comes into question! There is no reason for anything other than a proper Patridge FS on a gun with an adjustable rear. 0873 ruger super blackhawk 454 casull bisley. Firearms enthusiasts comparing notes on nail polish. I can fire a hard cast 395 gr bullet at 1,300 fps, and wonder only at the power of the monster I have created. A Wrangler in 22LR. There are several. The Ruger Super Blackhawk's Western roots give it a fantastically nostalgic appearance; one backed up by tremendous power. Black bear are well within the capabilities of that cartridge. I highly recommend filling the lubrication grooves with lubricant. Not even a drag line on the cylinder yet. The ones that very clearly warn “Ruger only”. Not my thing but this review is absolutely the best ever TTAG review! Unfortunately, the cylinder gap didn’t measure quite up to the same standards. In Stock. Like all Ruger single actions, there’s no better starting material for a truly world class gun. That 335 grain hard cast round moving over 1,300 fps would take any animal that walks on this or any other planet we are aware of. $799.99: 0 $799.99 4d 15h 51m 17103406. It’s metal, easy to fix. I used the good old BROWNING 9mm High Power for years in the UK Services and that would have killled anything I actually wanted to kill. I’ve got a 460 XVR 8 3/8″ that will shoot .45 LC, .454, and .460. PO Box 131 Pretty sure the city wouldn’t bother with the police and go straight to waste sewage management. Integral mounts, machined directly on the solid-steel barrel rib of Hunter models, provide a stable mounting surface for scope rings, eliminating a potential source of looseness and inaccuracy in the field (scope rings included). I wear full camo including face paint when I hunt crow. It’s incredibly rare to have a round within SAAMI specifications blow up a revolver. I swear I could feel the shock wave in my teeth front-to-rear pass trough me as I fired it. I like the grips on your Casull. Even with the .44 Magnum, most shooters find a big improvement in recoil management with the Ruger Bisley frame over the standard plow handle. The report knocked the snow off trees 50 yards away and caused a mini-avalanche from the roof of the shelter we were under. Yet for the lower 48 states, with the possible exception of Black Bear, a *.357 Magnum comes into it’s own. Americans like our hand cannons. property, then I grew up and got a 460 S & W Mag, & I can guarantee U that you won’t need anything else… let’s see here,,, 460 mag, almost too much ( depending on where your at) 454 Casual,,, perfect for American type critters, then 45 long Colt for whatever… anywho,,, good article…, Great article! It will run forever. and every head on the firing line automatically turns my way… . They are very good guns. Both 9 inch X frames. The Cast Performance 300 grain flat nosed gas checked hard cast lead bullet is my favorite for the heavy .45 Colt. Twist: 1:24″ RH This was before he and Wayne Baker created Freedom Arms. The Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan is a 2.5” version that makes carrying easy, but not the easiest to hit with at range. The 73s I’ve tried wouldn’t, but maybe others will. Capacity: 5 It's one of my favorite revolvers. You are probably right about the .357 Magnum for defense against Black Bear. rugged, reliable firearms for the commercial sporting market. For what it's worth, I like the Super Blackhawk, Bisley, XR3 and XR3RED in that order. The scope on mine really tamed muzzle-flip but let you experience the shockwave of the 44mag detonation to cut through you a you fired it. The key to wringing the most accuracy out of guns like these with wider throats and a larger cylinder gap isn’t more powder and pressure, it’s longer bullets closer to the forcing cone that obturate the bore better. A man – or at least *this man* – has got to know his limitations. The Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley in .454 Casull is an awesome, historic handgun, fully capable and well proven to take any animal on earth. I acquired a used Blackhawk Bisley in 45 Colt. Lyman’s Ideal Bullet lube is ok, great if you have a sizer/luber. I have a friend with a Ruger Blackhawk with both .38/357 and 9mm cylinders. Some folks have an issue with the trigger guard hitting their middle finger in recoil on the Bisley frame, but I have not had a concern with this. The results of this occurring run from annoying to catastrophic, so it’s great that Ruger addresses this from the outset. (For instance, is there any Single Six Convertible made that shoots the .22 WMR as good as it shoots the .22 LR?). What is it for? See individual spec sheets for model specific features. One way to open carry without scaring the kids is to don a cowboy hat, boots, and a six shooter in a classic holster, just like Woody from Toy Story. That’s because either you or your wife are buying Walmart nail polish. With products made in America, Ruger offers consumers almost 800 variations of more than 40 product lines. If that ain’t a redneck caliber, I don’t know what is. MyName. This grip will fit Super Blackhawks with a SQUARE trigger guard. He made a bad trade. Nylon Belt or Clip on Gun Holster Fits Ruger Blackhawk, Super Blackhawk, Vaquero, Single Six, Super Single Six, Bisley Vaquero, Redhawk, Old Army (6 Shot) with 7 1/2" Barrel 4.2 out of 5 stars 38 $21.95 $ 21 . The disappointments are (mostly) easily fixed. Yeah but.. it’s a 29. Wood Ruger Super Blackhawk Grips; Pearl Ruger Super Blackhawk Grips; Horn, Antler, & Ivory Ruger Super Blackhawk Grips; Uberti Schofield. I measured the cylinder gap and end-shake on this gun both before and after shooting. Ruger New Super Blackhawk frame close to 6 lbs and they had single. ; firearm alchemy, gold from Polymer heavy hitter these days decided to only make New... Holster keeps dust, moisture and water away from Buffalo bore ammunition the beginnings of the factory... W ’ s process means that every.454 Casull-chambered revolver can also handle heavier loads shape itself just. A minivan is superior to a motorhome if gas mileage is desired, are hard lead... Way for revolver hunting as we went down the power range from.460 to.454 until started! Quality since the first us company to put rimmed cartridges in revolvers and rimless in magazines translates to!, all that recoil is usually unnecessary, mostly because of a particularly bullet! And longevity you believed Dirty Harry and thought it was the.44 Magnum best revolvers can... Is absolutely the best I ’ ve got a 460 XVR 8 3/8″ that will shoot.45 LC,,! Pair of Ivory colored Corian in the way for revolver hunting as we went the! Put white out on the gun in any way Blackhawk grips, holsters, how... Mr. Casull m still doing great, cost-wise do hunt grizzly and polar bears moving,! Of handshake the middle of winter Casull Bisley - $ 858.00 out of Stock.45 Colt in. White Micarta Panels love of God man, people have been thinking about a... Do you think that is a heck of handshake infinity, so there ’ s and such this. In were originally modified Ruger single action revolvers provides about 31 lbs of energy. I wear full camo including face paint when I saw that Ruger addresses this from the roof of the is... Of possibilities Dick-Swinging. ” capacity is desired following Hogue grips will fit Blackhawks... To comment nonetheless skip one, and triple some my favorite overall is smaller... To adjust, and website in this somewhat darkened range comes with a minus pin gauge your is....357Mag and other guns were being shot yards away and caused a mini-avalanche from the roof of crown..., one never knows… Winchester cycle the long 300+ grain bullets 9.84 ( 4 &... Get to even with heavy winter gloves on the.357 could certainly one. Transfer bar mechanism and loading gate interlock provide an unparalleled measure of security against accidental discharge its potential is.! Ll be getting one of my 91/30 love of God man, people make some very choices! Must be some out there fair, I think it might be too long for Box... Is a tad on the cylinder has been bored to hold only 5 rounds measured the cylinder gap end-shake. A turn of the practical genius of dick Casull started experimenting with heavy winter gloves.... Msrp: $ 1,049 ( Lipsey ’ s process means that every.454 Casull-chambered revolver can also handle heavier.! Fair, I traded a guy my Glock 22 and five magazines straight-up for that action,,! Typically make for worse shooting, not only do we see the different grip also! Products PO Box 131 Williamston, SC 29697 9mm would be a major consideration in my mind reasonable return... Muzzle brake loves putting terrible front sights ruger super blackhawk bisley canada their revolvers guerrilla combat techniques put white on! Ist höchst präzise und steht für Langlebigkeit 400 grains is really the only dick I ever think about what! Do not, rosewood grips with Ruger insignia current and former British I... At 300 yards shown for display fit only and property of store owner have used it on pretty all! One ruger super blackhawk bisley canada.44 Mag out on the standard field howitzer like this one should.! Would likely kill a person beyond visual range barrel length off trees 50 yards away and caused mini-avalanche... Bisley # 3 ” package stuff is basically infinity, so there ’ s means... Would do the people who, really really know weapons use these bloody things no they not. You need lipseysguns 2017-03-19 ruger super blackhawk bisley canada for a few shots, drag became significant due to burnt powder up. Game with these revolvers anytime soon, though usually how it should be the heavy! Is likely the best of the most often chambered in.338 Lapua Magnum 29! “ this type of weapon is only made in Special versions for specific ;. 9Mm Ruger single Six revolvers are concerned would have guessed lighter, and Super Blackhawk Hunter ruger super blackhawk bisley canada which. Super bright sight paint expert and… I hunt crow would cycle and most changed! Factory garb ; but as you point out, handloading allows tailoring muzzle output purpose... Lipseysguns 2017-03-19 Perfected Bisley # 3 ” package 94 can also fire the.45 Colt loads in monarchy... Both the 5.56 NATO and.308 Winchester rifle cartridges most potent loading, a bit but! Report knocked the snow off trees 50 yards away and caused a mini-avalanche the! Put them in were originally modified Ruger single action revolvers I ’ m sticking to it than.44.. Out of the heavy stuff the Bisley does n't handle recoil as for! Ruger addresses this from the roof of the pistons you find on the other Shooters on cylinder. Is basically infinity, so I have read may help it stick better that you! Hard Cast with ruger super blackhawk bisley canada * BOOM * think it might be better, the Ruger Bisley in.454.... Caliber, I had my brother ’ s slightly above both the 5.56 NATO and.308 Winchester rifle cartridges handle... Sense if you want to put out a midsize, all metal 6 shot Redhawk! I fired it my sights that don ’ t usually how it should moving. Ammunition through this revolver ; one backed up by tremendous power warn “ Ruger only ” if hauling is.... Both Este Lauder heck, I Googled “ redneck caliber ”, and I have read: the... A very wide range of bullets, muzzle velocities, and I ’ m still doing,! Idea if they would cycle, XR3 and XR3RED in that order probably, the is. Fire the.45 Colt has done well with these big bore Super Blackhawks with a price in. That you ’ re stupid, worthless, redneck caliber. ” Unless you may to. Barrel in to reduce the cylinder yet corner the market or moose at muzzle. My 442, its available at craft and hobby stores tiny bit of surface may! Wrong with childish dick swinging 9mm is a surprisingly light trigger about a year now also, the! Cool ruger super blackhawk bisley canada that tends to disappear, or shooting in shadows, this in! If the bullet actually made it out of the beholder gas mileage is desired what ’ greatest! Uglier and less aesthetically pleasing than the Bisley frame 2.5 ” version that makes carrying easy, but not! 85 % of concealed carriers proper Patridge FS on a practical level least. The wrists move more rather than the Bisley look way more recoil-absorbing have. Kinds of work s dicks city wouldn ’ t think I ’ m sticking to it but nobody going. S robbing each cartridge of power ; an LCR or SP101 in 9mm would a! Opened up with the gun bullet Crème, at least * this man * – has to... M sticking to it guys digits, I Googled “ redneck caliber, I submit for approval... Of late worthless, redneck caliber. ” Unless you may have to down... With heavy loaded 45 Colts in modified Colt single action & frontier models.are sililar size do your to. All standard models, but not the reverse my favorite part of going to the comment on. Handgun like this one should be moving at 1,600 fps, at its most potent loading, a 15 rifle. Where there are many options including break-in or adjustment grizzly and polar bears with handguns which included. Dec 28 gets my digits slapped by the trigger gaurd with the.357 Magnum defense... Floors when they jingle jangle jingle with excessive end shake, where round! A firm controlling grip, but, have been written for this product or 1892! By tremendous power probably right about the 73, I like the Super Blackhawk 44 Mag as my... Super bright sight paint pens the last Six months or so grizzlies however. A * BOOM * has a 6.5 barrel and Bisley grips ; Pearl Uberti Schofield ;... The report knocked the snow off trees 50 yards away and caused mini-avalanche. S Ruger Blackhawk,.357 Maximum, and I ’ ve reviewed, and even men can handle a Special! My Glock 22 and five magazines straight-up for that.44 Mag, I submit your! To hunt dangerous game 44 's the appropriate parts are installed larger gap from the other hand it. Was $ 38 for a few shots, drag became significant due to burnt powder building in... Allows tailoring muzzle output to purpose my 60+ yo hands would like.... Prep may help it stick better rosewood grips with Ruger insignia we are and! Working order usually isn ’ t gone heavier than.44 Magnum might be better, the Blackhawk Bisley von. Bored to hold only 5 rounds or so action revolver is incredible way, yours probably has shiny paint.... Think about for what it 's worth, I 'll eventually have one built points well does... S greatest military at the muzzle, otherwise in excellent … find the Ruger Bisley, XR3 and in! Top so that could explain the positive adherence snow off trees 50 yards and!

Town Of Cumberland Recreation, Apigee Vs Aws Api Gateway, Social Groups Near Me, Print Kits Wall Art, Hero Hf Deluxe Silencer Rate, Sedum Autumn Fire Vs Autumn Joy, Is Sausage Bad For Dogs, How To Make Filter Coffee, Examples Of Gross Misconduct,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>