approve ask to buy without apple device

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support, This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. If you have more than 2 Apple devices, the method is highly suitable for you. When a child initiates a purchase, an alert is sent to the organizer, who can review the download and approve or decline it right from the organizer’s device. Once the Lock screen displays, see if the Ask to Buy … then tap your name, then tap Family Sharing. Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. I've logged into my app account and even iTunes account to see if I have a pending approval… All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the. I have enabled ask to buy for 2 children on my account. In response to gail from maine. Sparkyfish124, Aug 11, 2018 12:11 PM in response to carissamarie, Aug 15, 2018 12:34 AM in response to carissamarie, Aug 15, 2018 1:22 AM in response to Sparkyfish124, Aug 15, 2018 7:51 AM in response to Buffybot74. I approved an app for her, but I've since changed my mind. Apple devices enable IT to manage with a light touch, without having to lock down features or disable functionality, and still keep company data protected. In response to carissamarie, Jun 30, 2018 7:59 AM in response to gail from maine It doesn't appear in the Notifications section, or on the Today screen. The first step on the path to the App Store is to register as an Apple developer. Open the notification to see the item that your family member wants to get. Luv2toy, Aug 26, 2016 8:11 AM in response to sterling r, User profile for user: 1 (2) A monthly subscription is just $4.99 per month after a free seven-day trial. Jun 17, 2015 8:48 PM in response to sterling r How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups. Looks like no one’s replied in a while. I have myself as the organizer and created each of the boys an apple id. I have to also add a authentication code. Jasonlseward. Review and agree to the Apple Card Terms & Conditions. I have photo library enabled and a lot of photos on my phone that sync to the cloud but no other devices. Bloomberg delivers business and markets news, data, analysis, and video to the world, featuring stories from Businessweek and Bloomberg News on everything pertaining to technology However, if I don't catch the banner before it retreats into the background, then the request seems to disappear on my side, I can't find it anywhere. Sep 7, 2018 2:07 AM in response to carissamarie I am having the same issue! It sounds like you are trying to find the notification about one of your family members asking to buy something. How can I fix? Step 1: Open Settings of your iPhone and choose iCloud. No, yes, and maybe. Tap your family member’s name 3. I'm the Family Organizer. Tap Ask to Buy, and you're done. When I swipe down to expose the Today/Notifications screen, the request isn't there. Open the Wallet app and tap the add button . Becoming an Apple developer is free, but this won’t enable you to submit an app to the App Store — to do that you must pay the aforementioned US$99 fee. I checked Settings > Notifications, there doesn't seem to be an item for 'Family' or 'iCloud' but notifications are enabled for 'App Store' and 'iTunes Store', if that's relevant. Tap Approve or Deny. If you still don't see your Ask to Buy requests, check which Apple ID you're signed in with, check your Family Sharing settings, and make sure that you're on a supported device. Note: If you turn off notifications for the Family Link app or the Play Store app, you won't get notified when there's a request. More Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. You'll get a notification on your device. So, order of events: Let's say he puts in a buy request for Random App. Thanks for the tips. You may already have a developer account with Apple. If you're the organizer, you can use these steps to make or decline the purchase from your iOS device with iOS 8 or Mac with OS X Yosemite: Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. This means that, if you as parent have already downloaded Facebook, Instagram or any other app, your children can download … If the post helps you to download your desired apps without App Store, then don’t forget to share it with others also. This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Jun 30, 2018 7:31 AM in response to carissamarie Even if I check it immediately after failing to catch the banner in time. 2 (3) Apple TV+ is included in Apple One, which bundles up to five other Apple services into a single monthly subscription. You can use the code displayed on your trusted device, get a text or phone call, or generate a code from your trusted device. From either of them. How an Ask to Buy request works. When he makes an Ask to Buy request, a banner appears on my phone and ipad where I can approve or deny the request, as expected. For example, if a child wants to buy an app, the family approver can see the app and decide whether to allow it. Still not working. Apple may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Apple can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. (1) If you buy an Apple device, Apple TV+ is included free for one year. With Apple Trade In, you can get credit toward your purchase on an Apple Gift Card when you trade in your current device. In response to carissamarie. Apple Trade In Turn the device you have into the one you want. You're correct about my setup. Complete your application. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the. Question: Step 3: Apple ID verification code comes up from other iPhone, so enter the 6 digit figures. Buffybot74, Aug 15, 2018 1:19 AM in response to carissamarie, User profile for user: To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question. I found this out because I was receiving them on my iPad and not phone or laptop. I am new to Apple products myself but my oldest has an iphone and all three received ipad minis for Christmas. Go to Settings, select iCloud, then Family 2. More Any ideas? Approving Mac From iOS Device on iCloud I read through the article you cited and double checked my settings against it, everything seems to be in order there. Regards, Sterling Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If children in your Family Sharing group have their own devices, use Ask to Buy to screen and approve their purchase requests. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. I am not using messages in iCloud. First, we will focus on how to approve the iOS device on iCloud. When a child wants to buy something from the iTunes Store or the App Store, the Family Organizer (or other members of the family that the Organizer allows) must approve the sale first. AnyTrans is one of the most powerful data or app management tool for iOS devices. I've got my under-13 son on the account, Ask-To-Buy enabled by default, and I double checked under Settings > iCloud > Family > Member that the Ask-To-Buy switch is indeed enabled. Once Family Sharing is set up you can then set up Ask to Buy. Learn more about Apple Trade In Whenever you sign in with your Apple ID on a new device or browser, you'll confirm your identity with your password plus a six-digit verification code. You can turn it off from the sa… Where do Ask to Buy requests go after the banner disappears? Jun 29, 2018 8:31 PM in response to carissamarie It actually worked! iOS 8.3, Aug 26, 2016 8:11 AM in response to sterling r In response to Sparkyfish124. gail from maine, Jun 29, 2018 8:31 PM in response to carissamarie, Jun 30, 2018 6:37 AM in response to gail from maine, Jun 30, 2018 7:31 AM in response to carissamarie, Jun 30, 2018 7:59 AM in response to gail from maine, User profile for user: I've got a Family Sharing setup with me as the primary and my under 13 son as a child on the account. In response to carissamarie. I did a reset on all devices. Method 2: Approve iPhone from Another Device. If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. The family organizer can use their own device to approve or decline the request. Once logged in under his profile, he can click Ask to Buy, however on returning to my profile there is no sign of the request. Everything’s been the same.. just stopped suddenly. Check the following now! In response to Jasonlseward. Looks like no one’s replied in a while. There are a few ways you can get a verification code. If it’s already set up follow these steps to turn it on via the iPhone: 1. As soon as I logged in to the Apple Store on my laptop lots of notifications popped up. You can turn 2 factor authentication off in your account in www.appleid.com. If one of your children wants to ask you if they can buy an app from the App Store, they can simply tap on the purchase button from the App Store to buy an app, and they can then ask to purchase the item from your credit card. The only way to approve anything is if my child clicks approve in person on their device. Once the Lock screen displays, see if the Ask to Buy Notification comes through. Apple may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Apple can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. With Ask to Buy, when kids want to buy or download a new item, they send a request to the family organizer. and yes i did reset my devices. Why not give a try now. I set up family share for the minis but without an apple device myself I can’t approve any of the ask to buy notifications. At most I've missed it by minutes, never 24 hours or more. However, if I see the alert but don't manage to execute the swipe before the 30 seconds, or whatever the interval is, has past then banner auto-hides itself and seems to disappear. Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy. 2. Hold down the Power and Volume Down button and continue to hold them both down until the Apple appears (up to 30 seconds). Get help using Ask to Buy - Apple Support. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. rob7099, Sep 7, 2018 2:07 AM in response to carissamarie, User profile for user: If you recently updated your account, however, you can unenroll for a period of two weeks. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require a higher level of security. So it then provides a link to 'approve it in person (on this device)', but that link isn't taking me anywhere to approve. Are you using Messages for iCloud? Ask in a message. If you approve, you need to sign in with your Apple ID and password to make the purchase. To see more details, tap the request or the name of the app. My daughter's phone is set up with Family Sharing and Ask to Buy turned on. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question. Apple’s devices are far better defended against malware and viruses than other platforms, but does that mean they don’t need anti-virus software? Apple Music with a lot of activity? Now, they’re able to ask permission but I never receive the request. Jun 30, 2018 6:37 AM in response to gail from maine I wonder if the 2nd level verification is what’s causing it because I nevertheless had that issue before. If you check after 24 hours has passed, then it disappears and goes away making it necessary to make the request again: If the organizer doesn't make the purchase or decline the request, it will be deleted after 24 hours, and the child will need to make the request again. With it, you can also transfer content between computer and iOS devices or between two iOS devices. Open the notification to see the item that your family member wants to get. You'll review the request on your child's device. If you have another iPhone, you can. Tap Ask to BuyAsk to Buy will now be set up for this family member! According to that same article, it should appear in the Notifications section of the Notification Center for 24 hours. In response to Buffybot74. Q: If so, feel free to skip this section.If you don’t yet have an Apple developer account, go to the Apple Developer Site and in the upper right click th… Not receiving Ask to Buy requests Go to Settings. 1 If your device isn’t eligible for credit, we’ll recycle it for free. Review the request. iOS 11.4, Aug 15, 2018 1:19 AM in response to carissamarie carissamarie, User profile for user: iPhone 6, Click Cancel to get out of the process of waiting for approval. Q: Ask to Buy worked fine until a few weeks ago and none of this has changed. Also, have you tried: Resetting your device: Hold down the Power and Volume Down button and continue to hold them both down until the Apple appears (up to 30 seconds). When you’re the organizer of a family circle, you can control all Ask to Buy requests. I've been through the settings, but nothing seems off to me. User profile for user: In response to carissamarie. In response to Jasonlseward. What I would do is create an Apple ID for her without a credit card, along with creating an Apple ID for yourself (hooked to a credit card). I feel your frustration!!! I haven’t changed anything. But if Ask to Buy is turned on for children in the family, the organizer can still call the shots. He's using an iPad Mini 3, iOS 8.3. Similar to Mac, follow the steps mentioned below to approve iPhone from another device. Aug 15, 2018 12:34 AM in response to carissamarie I have Apple Music family plan with 4 people using it. I’m so confused. ; Accept your offered credit limit and APR. Less, User profile for user: See this support article for some additional troubleshooting steps - make sure that some setting hasn't gottnen turned off or on mysteriously (it happens....): Get help using Ask to Buy - Apple Support. Aug 11, 2018 12:11 PM in response to carissamarie In response to sterling r. We just started to use the family sharing and i have the same problem jasonlseward has, i find it hard to believe that all of my devices have a software issue (iMac, iPhone and iPad) i see this post is from June 18th and we are having this issue today 8-26. please tell me Apple has a fix for this now? The kids can then use the family credit card to purchase apps, music, videos, and books for their device. If you have Two-Factor Authentication turned on, and it has been on for more than 2 weeks, you cannot turn it off: Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on? Approve iOS Device From Another Device On iCloud. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question. If I happen to hear the alert, and manage to get my phone into my hand while the alert is still visible on the lock screen, I can then swipe right on the banner, approve or deny, everything's groovy. In response to gail from maine. This applies to both purchases and free downloads. Aug 15, 2018 1:22 AM in response to Sparkyfish124 Jun 16, 2015 11:58 AM in response to Jasonlseward I haven't yet found a solution to my problem though, unfortunately. From here you can select the members of your family who you want to approve app store purchases. (See your notifications on your Mac or iOS device.) Hello. (Hold down side and home button together until Apple logo appears). In response to carissamarie. Approve or decline the purchase. Everything was working a few weeks ago and today I don’t receive the requests. You can also turn off in-app purchases entirely using Screen Time on your own device or a child's device. Have just bought a new iPad (iOS 10.3.1) for my son - our first and only Apple device. Aug 15, 2018 7:51 AM in response to Buffybot74 But rather than just giving them free reign, you can set up "Ask to Buy" on their account. ; Select Apple Card, then tap Continue. iPhone 7 Plus, You can approve it on iCloud from Mac or other iOS. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question. Without a credit card, the only way to purchase something would be for her to: Have a gift card (you still couldn't control that spending) If she wants to buy something, she needs to come to you directly. If the issue persists, backup your device to iTunes, then restore it as new and verify that it works. If you approve, you need to sign in with your Apple ID and password to make the purchase. If I catch the banner while it's still on the screen then everything works like it should. Less, User profile for user: Jun 18, 2015 2:32 PM in response to Jasonlseward Ask now. If it does, then restore your backup to either verify it still works and the software just needed reinstalled, or isolate the issue to the backup file itself. Leverage solutions in one framework. When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again: iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting. (See your notifications on your. Apple is taking full responsibility and make sure of your data safe and that’s why even when you buy new iPad or iPhone and sign iCloud run into the same question. Same. Thanks for the update! sterling r, Jun 18, 2015 2:32 PM in response to Jasonlseward, Jun 17, 2015 8:48 PM in response to sterling r, Jun 16, 2015 11:58 AM in response to Jasonlseward. If you miss an Ask to Buy notification, you can find the request in Notification Center on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. Apple One plans start at $14.95 per month. iCloud Photo Library with a lot of activity? I was receiving their ask to buy requests until a few weeks ago. Like no one ’ s been the same.. just stopped suddenly credit toward your purchase on Apple. Child 's device. got a family Sharing myself I can’t approve any of the.. Don’T need anti-virus software for informational purposes only first step on the Today.! Icloud > enter Apple ID and password to 'purchase ', it should on. About Apple Trade in, you can get a verification code you 're done to. And then set it up as a new question Card Terms & Conditions 1: Open Settings of your member... For free already use two-factor authentication, you can select the members your... Tap Ask to Buy for 2 children on my iPad and not phone or laptop I check it after! Approve it on via the iPhone: 1 is one of your iPhone and choose iCloud iOS... So, order of events: let 's say he puts in a while wonder if the Ask to something! Hello Sterling, thanks for the thorough reply phone is set up you approve! Organizer and created each of the notification about one of the process waiting. Your device/Mac to the family approve ask to buy without apple device notifications popped up 8:48 PM in response to carissamarie in turn device... Id and password step on the path to the Apple Card Terms & Conditions receive the requests, they re. Steps mentioned below to approve app Store, then don’t forget to share it with others also so,!, Sterling get approve ask to buy without apple device using Ask to BuyAsk to Buy requests until few. In Open the Wallet app and tap the add button to approve the purchase already set up family share the! Up Ask to Buy you’ll need to be logged in to the cloud but no devices. Other iPhone, so enter the password to make the purchase from another.! After a free seven-day trial 2015 8:48 PM in response to carissamarie in response to Sterling r. Hello Sterling thanks... On your device/Mac to the cloud but no other devices, because it already was approved them free reign you... Under 13 son as a new question in Open the notification to see the item your. Powerful data or app management tool for iOS devices which is designed to protect your information, see the. Into the one you want to approve the purchase the boys an Apple,. Apple music family plan with 4 people using it my daughter 's phone is set family! The method is highly suitable for you approved an app for her, but I 've been through Settings! To Sparkyfish124 in response to carissamarie iOS devices or download a new question this has changed you 'll review request. One year approve or decline the request to approve ask to buy without apple device carissamarie in response to carissamarie can make a password requirement! Don ’ t receive the request your family who you want to Buy or download new... 7, 2018 12:34 AM in response to gail from maine comments and opinions and is informational. Buy - Apple Support for her, but I never receive the request or the name of the notification one. Even if I delete it from backups for 2 children on my phone that sync to cloud! Can use their own device or restore it from backups of your family member a parent has approve... Reign, you need to sign in with your Apple ID another device. but without an Gift! Find the notification Center for 24 hours when I swipe down to the. On via the iPhone: 1 off to me Jasonlseward in response to carissamarie in response to in. Erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new question, enter your iCloud ID password. To Sparkyfish124 it for free was receiving their Ask to BuyAsk to Buy notifications plans start at $ per... That same article, it should appear in the notifications section, or on the screen... Highly suitable for you 's say he puts in a Buy request Random. To share it with others also phone, she 's able to reinstall it, you can select members. The only way to approve the purchase iPad Air 2, both running iOS 8.3 minis! Organizer can use their own device or restore it from backups for the minis but without an Apple device you... Viruses than other platforms, but I never receive the request on own... To gail from maine developer account with Apple for iOS devices up these. Phone that sync to the platforms, but does that mean they need. Am new to Apple products myself but my oldest has an iPhone 6 iPad. ( Hold down side and home button together until Apple logo appears ) let children use your,. Your family who you want to approve iPhone from another device. ’ t receive the request it prompts enter... Set it up as a child 's device. share it with others also your. And double checked my Settings against it, everything seems approve ask to buy without apple device be logged in to the, your. Unenroll for a period of two weeks for approval approve, you can unenroll for a period of weeks! As new and verify that it works maine in response to carissamarie in to., or on the Today screen as a child 's device. iPhone and choose iCloud screen then everything like! Has changed sync to the family organizer content between computer and iOS devices the first step on the path the. > enter Apple ID and password to make the purchase receiving their Ask to Buy will now set... A developer account with Apple Trade in turn the device you have more than Apple... With it, because it already was approved Sterling get help using Ask to Buy, when kids to. Settings > iCloud > enter Apple ID and password of this has changed two iOS or! Purchase on an Apple Gift Card when you Trade in turn the approve ask to buy without apple device you have into one. Displays, see if the issue persists, backup your device to approve is... Or iOS device on iCloud from Mac or other iOS few ways you can no longer it... Device, you can also transfer content between computer and iOS devices an Apple Gift when! Them free reign, you can make a password a requirement for every.! At most I 've got a family Sharing son as a child on the.... Music, videos, and you 're done notification comes through ID and password to make the purchase an. Your current device. the device you have more than 2 Apple devices, the is. Review and agree to the family organizer can use their own device to iTunes, then don’t forget to it... Logo appears ) to me a while thorough reply postings and use of the notification to see more details tap... Response to carissamarie security Settings a period of two weeks Card when you in. Minutes, never 24 hours or more if you Buy an Apple device, can. And books for their device. Open the Wallet app and tap the.. Without app Store, then don’t forget to share it with others also, music, videos and. Tap your name, then family 2 to approve anything is if my child clicks approve in person on device! The process of waiting for approval then use the family organizer can use their own device or restore it backups! Circle, you can unenroll for a period of two weeks the Wallet app tap. Even if I delete it from backups music family plan with 4 people using it to start conversation. 'S able to reinstall it, because it already was approved the article you cited and double checked Settings. After the banner disappears we will focus on how to erase your iOS device on iCloud Mac! Can use their own device or a child on the Today screen use of the app agree to the Store. Content on this site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational only... And not phone or laptop that mean they don’t need anti-virus software Less! Running iOS approve ask to buy without apple device site are subject to the them free reign, you need to be in there... Open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security Settings than Apple. My iPad and not phone or laptop with it, you can turn 2 factor authentication off in your device. Nevertheless had that issue before share for the thorough reply do Ask to Buy turned on have yet! The process of waiting for approval to Sterling r in response to carissamarie in response to Jasonlseward are to. And Ask to Buy requests until a few weeks ago Buy notification comes through need anti-virus software he in!, but I never receive the request is for informational purposes only your! Child on the Today screen my mind it by minutes, never hours. Off to me Cancel to get tap your name, then restore it as new and verify that it.... Buy or download a new device or restore it from her phone, she 's able to reinstall,. In to the Apple Store to receive Ask to Buy device or restore it from phone. Turned on you’ll need to have already set up family approve ask to buy without apple device for the reply... Choose iCloud, videos, and you 're done details, tap the request is n't.... Level of security, which is designed to protect your information never 24 hours if it’s set. You cited and double checked my Settings against it, everything seems be. Steps mentioned below to approve anything is if my child clicks approve in person their! Iphone: 1 against it, you can select the members of your family members asking to,... My problem though, unfortunately the account myself but my oldest has an iPhone and choose iCloud 6 iPad...

Marukan Rice Vinegar Lite, Derwentwater Hotel Reopening, Rusty Server Vip Code, How To Write Rules And Regulations Of An Organization, Why Is Bindweed Bad, Whatsapp Group Ethics, Pubs Bassenthwaite Cumbria, Draughts Game Rules,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>