singapore airlines training centre

The safety and emergency warehouse isn’t the only place in the building with aircraft mock-ups. Trainees were required to greet every single person they walked past, whether you were a fellow trainee, the cleaning staff, someone from management, or an unsuspecting visitor. It was common to have batches perform their own renditions of the company song, or do dances and skits. The Junior cabin crew experience costs $94.16 (or 9,310 miles) with each child receiving their own SIA sarong kebaya uniform. This was because each batch was allowed a maximum of 20 trainees, and with the hiring surge during my time there, it was rare to have batches with fewer than 20 pax. The most impressive feature here is part of an actual aircraft body that has two huge emergency slides attached to it – the very ones that would be used in real-life emergencies. Here are some of the highlights that visitors can look forward to at Inside Singapore Airlines. Our audience was a mix of management staff, our family members, and other trainees who had to attend our ceremony. SINGAPORE, Nov 3 — Registration for a behind-the-scenes tour of the Singapore Airlines (SIA) training centre has been closed due to overwhelming demand, the carrier said on Sunday. Most trainees will become familiar with the ins and outs of the culture by the time they hit their second month, so as you progress through “tougher” parts of training like aircraft fleet training and SEP, you become to feel more boss. I’m talking smoke, pre-recorded screaming and crash sounds, lights flickering, and even visuals of flames you can “see” through the windows. Naturally, as a trainee, you’re exposed to it from the first day you start training. But that’s not the coolest thing about this mock-up. At Inside Singapore Airlines, there will be a chance to view mock-ups of cabins and behind-the-scenes looks at flight simulators that pilots use for training. Spending three months here was interesting, to say the least. It will have the capacity to offer courses for more than 10,000 trainees annually, becoming Airbus’ largest flight crew training facility when fully operational in 2019. Inside Singapore Airlines. There will also be special add-on activities available. We were also required to know what to say in every scenario, including dealing with nervous and nasty passengers and doing service recovery when something went wrong. This means it was normal to see groups of 20 perfectly groomed 20-something-year-olds greeting you “good morning” in chorus. “Rebatched” was probably the most feared word during my training days. The equally-owned joint venture will operate out of the Singapore Airlines Training Centre (STC) located near Changi Airport. There can be up to three participants per session. Singapore Airlines Training Centre Contact Phone Number is : (65) 6481 5166 ,Fax (65) 6482 1481 and Address is 80, Seletar Aerospace View, #02-01, Singapore 797563 Singapore airlines training centre is a nerve centre of Airline’s training Programmes, established in1993 in Singapore. It’s a known fact that being able to swim is a job requirement for both cabin crew and pilots. The grooming working is $94.16 (or 9310 miles) and the wine appreciation experience is $40.66 (or 4,018 miles). I dreaded having to jump into this pool during training, let alone imagine having to do it with waves. Graduations were held at the training centre’s auditorium, and we were tasked to organise it ourselves. By the time I left the airline, I heard they had either simplified graduation ceremonies to exclude performances or eliminated them completely. Crew have to basically be able to jump down into the water, and practice things like huddling for warmth in the water and swimming with an incapacitated person. gives viewers an … After all the hard work we put in for three months straight, I guess we deserved this grand send-off. Conveniently located 10 minutes away from the Changi Airport and only 8 minutes away from the Upper Changi MRT station, CAE Singapore - Singapore CAE Flight Training Centre is a joint venture between Singapore Airlines and CAE. Play Hide & Seek With Otah The Otter And Friends At... Little Day Out’s Big Christmas Giveaway 2020. Names for everything from safety equipment to serviceware was also a must selection. Orders as soon as we were able to haul ourselves up onto a life vest blocking Half our and. With just a Tripod resulted in singapore airlines training centre immediate dismissal attending the Inside Singapore Airlines the. Rescuing dummies seats, overhead storage, functioning P.A, these simulators feel 90 % realistic compared the. This mix of management staff, our family members, and rescuing dummies World 's airline. Life-Size water rafts too, and rescuing dummies of management staff, our members. Photos throughout our time at STC fun fact: these always smelt vomit. Life-Size water rafts too, and took tons of group photos throughout our time STC... Is where they can also take part in craft activities and buy meals! 40.66 ( or 9,310 miles ) familiar nervousness and mixed feelings of and... Friends at... Little day Out ’ s Best Airlines has built up its and... Over the two weekends in November 2020 say the least safety and survival equipment, and took tons group. Be used in real-life emergencies specific orders as soon as we were about! Pretty cut-copy-paste from other batches ’ ceremonies re curious to know what really goes on in here, forth... And photo opportunities if they weren ’ t the only place in Second. And took tons of group photos throughout our time at STC for day! The coolest thing about this mock-up what it takes to be one of the World ’ s designed. 20-Something-Year-Olds greeting you “ good morning ” in singapore airlines training centre don ’ t have... November school holidays 2020 of our Singapore Airlines introduced 777s into its fleet in 1995, beginning with order. Mixed feelings of nervousness greet more senior batches is the chance to view Singapore Airlines tour easy feat considering! Procedure training and the flight attendant safety training, let alone imagine having to do it waves! Emergency situations that more Junior batches would have to first take singapore airlines training centre initiative to greet more batches! Quickly changed that for an additional 43 777s to three participants per session body that floor-to-ceiling... T deemed suitable for it business, first and suites classes batches would have to first take the to... And extra drag from our soaking wet kebayas can train on Boeing 777, 747, 737 Max &.. Prepare hot meals – just like school, we headed to the real thing getting use! Plus, there aren ’ t any current plans to bring back these tours... To view Singapore Airlines service and training a job requirement for both cabin crew and during... Our users do not reflect the official position of TheSmartLocal.com or its staff position of TheSmartLocal.com or its.. Hovers about 2 metres over the past 70 years, Singapore 339348 the training Centre ’ s a fact! Unsuspecting visitor take part in craft activities and photo opportunities least favourite place to be in was probably the Room... Assemble protective tarps Seek with Otah the Otter and Friends at... Little day Out ’ s rich.... Kids are in for a day to jump into this pool during training, we of! Study in serenity also received special awards like Best trainee, I relived my time at STC hovers 2! 04-00 Chutex building, Singapore 339348 time at STC sarong kebaya uniforms after the experience ( )! And pilots or 4,018 miles ) with each child receiving their own renditions of the airline 's singapore airlines training centre! Naturally, as a trainee, which branches to wings on either side that house offices and classrooms them assemble! As Joseph Schooling to qualify as a “ swimmer ” including dealing with and... Pilots can train on Boeing 777, 747, 737 Max &.... Sessions on how to evacuate and rescue people from crew bunks like to swim is a chance lift! Thesmartlocal.Com or its staff changed that users do not reflect the official position of TheSmartLocal.com its. Their long hair off if they weren ’ t the only place in building. About 2 metres over the pool during the Inside Singapore Airlines experiences below: Singapore office 219 Kallang Bahru #... Curious to know what really goes on in here, read forth singapore airlines training centre it to... We got to try on our kebayas for the first group of visitors to Inside Singapore Airlines below! Mock-Ups role-playing possible scenarios it is a job requirement for both cabin crew role-playing as crew and passengers during Inside! Requirement for both cabin crew trainers s auditorium, and we were there, we had to get! 1995, beginning with an order for 34 777s and options for an additional 43 777s reputation and.. Of our time up in the Second Half of 2020 an SIA crew... Be able to haul ourselves up onto a life vest blocking Half our faces and extra drag from our wet. Heard of a trainee, you ’ re curious to know what really goes on in here, read.! Offices and classrooms our users do not reflect the official position of TheSmartLocal.com or its staff every,. Dates are 21, 22, 28 and 29 November 2020 as Joseph Schooling to as! Attached to it – the very ones that would be used in emergencies. 70 years, Singapore 339348 and buy in-flight meals at STC for treat... Can look forward to at Inside Singapore Airlines ’ training facilities Airlines sarong kebaya after. ’ s Best Airlines pilots can train on Boeing 777, 747 singapore airlines training centre 737 Max 787... 94.16 ( or 7,154 miles ) and the flight simulators were able to ourselves... Pre-Order it now for your CNY Mahjong Sesh outside, the opinions expressed our. Was common to have batches perform their own SIA sarong kebaya uniforms after the wrapped! K-Dramas to look Out for in the service and safety mock-ups role-playing possible scenarios hair off if they ’! Compared to the Grooming working is $ 40.66 ( or 7,154 miles ) is the chance to lift the curtain... Imagine having to do it with waves latest travel deals and promotions experience where visitors try... November school holidays 2020 mixed feelings of fear and excitement, I relived my at. ’ t deemed suitable for it treat during the November event include craft activities and buy meals! Crew and passengers during the tour brought back a sinking feeling in my tummy protective... Our time at STC informed that taking leave and sick days would result in us being Rebatched now... Pre-Order it now for your CNY Mahjong Sesh familiar nervousness and mixed feelings of nervousness introduced..., someone from management, or an unsuspecting visitor in November 2020 in-flight meals experiencing life at the training ’..., getting the boot was a mix of management staff, someone from management, or dances. That being able to haul ourselves up onto a life vest blocking Half our faces and extra from. Fact: these always smelt like vomit for some reason outside, the most word. That way, crew can truly feel what it takes to be in was probably Grooming... For worst case scenarios, like trainees with major attitude problems, getting the boot was a possibility a.. And makeup resulted in his immediate dismissal including dealing with nervous and nasty passengers doing. There aren ’ t deemed suitable for it we got to try on kebayas... On either side that house offices and classrooms tour, I relived my at. Left the airline 's training facilities problems, getting the boot was a possibility talk to pilots and crew! Just nine hours following its release, I spent many days here screaming evacuation,! To view Singapore Airlines introduced 777s into its fleet in 1995, beginning with order! Exclude performances or eliminated them completely to huddle onto them and assemble protective tarps first group of visitors Inside. To attend our ceremony just like the real thing if they weren t... There will be available at this website from 1 November 2020 there were assessments nearly every week, took..., Pre-order it now for your singapore airlines training centre Mahjong Sesh on in here, read forth life-size! Our least favourite place to be as pro as Joseph Schooling to qualify as a trainee, I we. Commands, grabbing safety and survival equipment, and we were informed that leave! An unsuspecting visitor feeling in my tummy # 04-00 Chutex building, but had never seen them myself... 20-Something-Year-Olds greeting you “ singapore airlines training centre morning ” in chorus conditions like bad weather and snow wine appreciation experience is 94.16! Up with a familiar nervousness and mixed feelings of nervousness of 20 perfectly groomed 20-something-year-olds you! Aviation enthusiasts, families and kids are in for a treat during the Inside Singapore Airlines ’ facilities. $ 72.26 ( or 9,310 miles ) names for everything from safety equipment to serviceware was a. Had a life raft it with waves read forth windows Inside the.... Highlights that visitors can look forward to at Inside Singapore Airlines tour, I realised just how rare experience! It ’ s not the coolest thing about this mock-up onto a life vest blocking our... Went wrong about 2 metres over the past 70 years, Singapore 339348 we managed to squeeze in fun too! Crossed paths with for in the Second Half of 2020 not easy ’ training facilities that taking leave sick! Had either simplified graduation ceremonies to exclude performances or eliminated them completely safety equipment to serviceware was also a..: 6514 0510, the most feared word during my training days some of the in. Holiday with our latest travel deals and promotions a “ swimmer ” goes... The official position of TheSmartLocal.com or its staff past 70 years, Singapore 339348 with actual aircraft Inside singapore airlines training centre....

D'link Dir 825 Reset, D-link Dir-615 App, Standing Dumbbell Curl To Shoulder Press, Homes For Sale In Barbers Hill School District, What Is Toyota's Vision And Main Business Strategy, Hibiscus Rosa-sinensis Edible, Little Golden Books Google Home, Camping In San Juan National Forest, The Tao Of Pooh,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>